Interview with a Nutritarian: Jodi
Most of the interviews here on Disease Proof have been with those who’ve discovered Dr. Fuhrman’s nutritional recommendations in their recent past, and are elated about their newfound health and freedom from food addiction and disease. Jodi has been following Dr. Fuhrman’s advice for TEN years, and she’s just as excited today with continual improvements in her health as she was ten years ago. If you've read Jodi's Success Story on Dr. Fuhrman's website, or read a previous Disease Proof post about her awesome recovery from debilitating psoriasis and other autoimmune diseases, you know that Jodi's healings are medical miracles! Today Jodi is the epitome of excellent health, and her enthusiasm is contagious. In fact, she went on to earn her Nutritional Education Trainer (NET) certification and is now helping others in their journeys to get their health restored also. Welcome once again to Disease Proof Jodi!
You've been following Dr. Fuhrman’s nutritarian eating-style for over 10 years now. How has that experience changed your life?
My original reason for contacting Dr. Fuhrman was autoimmune issues; the most serious was psoriatic arthritis where I had a full-body skin rash and history of joint pain. Plus, I had diagnoses of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Sjogren's and Hashimotos – all autoimmune conditions. I consider my success at conquering these ailments as Chapter One of my health journey. [Click here to see Jodi's remarkable before and after pictures of being healed of psoriasis!] Now, Chapter Two is all about the benefits that I've experienced over the years that I did not expect!
Please explain “Chapter Two” to us.
Year after year as I keep following this high-nutrient lifestyle, I continue to be amazed at how powerful and effective it is. For example, ten years ago I did not turn to Dr. Fuhrman for weight loss, yet I now weigh 32 pounds less than my highest weight. The picture on the right was taken when I was younger and heavier.
- My cholesterol is now low, when it had been over 200, and my blood pressure is low, and I take no drugs for either.
- I breezed through menopause without drugs.
- All sinus congestion and seasonal allergies are completely gone.
- My dentist compliments my healthy gums and how little plaque I have.
- By using morning light therapy, my insomnia is now under control.
- My bone density has improved. I previously tested in the negative range for osteopenia, the latest score for my spine was ZERO. A zero score is equivalent to the bone density of a healthy, 30- year-old woman. Which means without drugs but following Dr. Fuhrman's exercise advice, I have the spine a 30-year-old....and I'm 62! [Click here to learn more about preventing bone fractures.]
- My eyesight is stronger. Twice over the last 10 years the prescriptions for my contact lenses and glasses, which I use for distance, have been reduced; and I no longer need reading glasses, but I did at age 52, (and now I’m 62!)
Are you surprised by these improvements?
As we age, we expect to have achy joints, ailments, medications, drug side effects, doctors visits, etc., and I don't have any of those issues. In fact, I wake up in the morning and nothing hurts: no joint pain, no stiffness, and no arthritis. Yes, I'm amazed...and grateful.
Do you have any success tips to share with others?
Ten years ago when I started eating high-nutrient foods, I was already over 50-years-old. My psoriasis and joint pain started when I was a teenager, and I was on potent drugs for almost twenty years. Don't think you are too old to benefit; don't think you are too sick or have been on drugs for too long to see a difference. I am so convinced that the longer you follow this program, and the older you get doing it, you continue to reap benefits...benefits you never expected or imagined!
Thank you Jodi for being an example to all of us of the ongoing healing power of high-nutrient foods ~ you truly are a medical miracle!