Goodbye to Medications, Hello to Long-Term Health
The following story comes from 30-year-old Shawn Powers in Indian River, Michigan.
I wanted to send a sincere thank you. On a whim, I googled for a diet plan to help with blood pressure. Eat to Live happened to be the first I ran into. I drove a half hour to the bookstore, and bought a copy. I read the whole book that afternoon.
I could go on and on about struggles, cravings, relief from cravings, addiction, etc. -- but I'll just put my current results as an "attaboy" for the doctor.
Me before Eat to Live (July 1, 2005):
- 5' 11"
- 190 lbs (I lost 30 pounds on "South Beach" but was stuck)
- Blood pressure 130/72 with three medications to keep it down
- Cholesterol 192 while taking one medicine
Me as of September 6, 2005, at my first doctor visit:
- 5' 11" (I didnt' get taller…;)
- 164.5 lbs
- Blood pressure 124/86 -- with NO MEDICATION FOR OVER A MONTH!!!
- Total Cholesterol 132
- Tri-Glycerides 45
- HDL (good) Cholesterol 36
- LDL (bad) Cholesterol 87
- VLDL (?) Cholesterol 9
I can't thank you enough for writing a book that "just makes sense."
When I started, my wife decided to do it with me, and she has lost almost 30 pounds as well. You've literally saved our lives, and I can't thank you enough.