A Hefty Amount of News
America's weight problem is reported on weekly—if not daily. News of new complications and proposed solutions are everywhere. Here's some of this week's press coverage:
- According to the Associated Press a new study shows the number of overweight women in the United States is leveling off, but men and children are still gaining.
- Medical News Today reports over 250,000 American children under the age of six can't fit into car seats designed for their age group.
The New York Times was especially busy this week:
- The Times reports in an attempt to improve the nutrition of New York public schools, apples slices will be sold as healthy alternatives to chips and other snack foods.
- Another article from The New York Times explains that the obesity epidemic in children may start as early as age two.
- According to The New York Times an amendment to the National School Lunch Act would require all food sold in schools to meet higher nutritional standards.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822