Periodically we feature interviews with successful nutritarians here on Disease Proof. I thought it’d be helpful, insightful and fun to devote a post for you, the reader, to write success tips in the comments section below to encourage and help others. In other words, what works for you?
To get the ball rolling, the following are a few tips that have worked / continue to work for me:
- It took an unwavering commitment to the Eat to Live eating plan, even when I gagged on greens those first attempts at eating them. (Now I’m addicted to greens!)
- I devoted the better part of a year to focus on the mechanics of making Eat to Live an integral part of my life. I reprioritized my schedule. I excluded many social events that were centered around the standard American diet that year. I cut out extra activities to make time to study and understand Dr. Fuhrman’s materials. I surrounded myself with upbeat and positive people on the member center who continually supported and encouraged me. I did whatever I needed to do to keep focused; and now eating for health is an engrained habit ~ a lifestyle.
- To this day I keep nut butters out of the house because I can easily overeat on them.
- To this day I limit eating dried fruits and banana ice creams to only special occasions, because they rev up my sweet tooth for more sweets.
- I’ve learned to be content with boundaries as they keep me out of food addiction and unnecessary weight gain. Some may view boundaries as restrictive deprivation, but I view them as a small price to pay for the enjoyment of ongoing freedom and health.
What about you? What are some success tips that you’ve discovered in your journey to health? Your tip(s) just may be the key that unlocks someone else's prison door!
image credit: flickr by aMichiganMom