What would life be like
if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
Someone recently wrote on my facebook wall, “When you started (referring to nutritarian eating), what was most helpful?”
I began the journey to get my health back on July 10, 2008. At that time, what helped me the most was taking the prior month of June to thoroughly study and assimilate Dr. Fuhrman’s book, Eat to Live. (Eat for Health was not available yet.)
Now, fifteen months and plenty of battle scars later; plus observing many who have successfully overcome food addiction and made it to their weight loss goal and restored good health, my resounding response to everyone is, “Members’ center, members’ center, members’ center!”
I got free from food addiction and have successfully maintained excellent health because of the ongoing support of Dr. Fuhrman on “Ask the Doctor”. The hurdles of life have been overwhelming at times, and Dr. Fuhrman’s nutritional and health guidance has helped me navigate the many obstacles that I’ve faced:
- advice during the hospitalization of a child
- guidance in overcoming food addiction, including several relapses
- practical instruction during a weight loss plateau
- advice concerning a major surgery
- navigating pain relief, bloating and continual weight loss after that surgery
- pain management after a serious bike wreck
- and a myriad of other bumps in the road
He gave straightforward and helpful answers that I couldn’t have received elsewhere.
Now I encourage everyone who is serious about living in optimal health to get involved in the members’ center of drfuhrman.com:
- read the tutorials
- listen to the teleconferences
- participate in the member forums, phone chats and Ask the Doctor
- share recipes, success tips, struggles and victories with other members
Dr. Fuhrman’s books and the members’ center are so much cheaper than medications, diabetic supplies, surgeries, frequent visits to doctors’ offices, rise in insurance premiums, weight loss meetings, and missed work due to illness. The investment will maximize and extend the quality and productivity of life for years to come!