Comments from the Six Week Holiday Challenge
Wow, it seems like just yesterday we were launching the Six Week Holiday Challenge, and here it is . . . a week into 2011 already! Between facebook, the member center of DrFuhrman.com, and Disease Proof, it’s exciting to read the many comments that have come in from those whose lives have been radically changed by the challenge. I think it gave all of us the necessary awareness, focus, and inertia to establish new and healthy holiday traditions for the rest of our lives.
The change of one is a transformation; the change of many is a revolution. While most of the nation gorged on disease promoting foods and became even sicker, we can honestly say, based on the flood of posts and comments, that we truly did experience an exciting and unprecedented health revolution during the holidays! Decadent holiday binge eating, and resulting bloating and blues, are now traditions of the past for many!
Enjoy reading a few of those comments . . . . .
- I have lost a total of 15 lbs. I'm sleeping better and exercising more. I feel so grateful to be improving my health during what could have been a treacherous (health wise) season. -Marie
- Down 16.5 pounds and 2” off waist lost! Yeah! -Mael
- I’ve been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis. Before I started the challenge all of my joints were stiff, and I was in a state of constant flare. My knees felt like there were glass shards in them. Now I only have the stiffness in the morning, and the feeling of glass in my knees is gone and the flaring has calmed down tremendously. -Christine
- I lost 5 lbs during the holidays when I normally would’ve gained 5 lbs. I feel much more energetic and can think more clearly. My skin is much clearer and no longer extremely dry, and my hair feels healthier and stronger. My husband said that I seem happier and nicer, and it’s gotten easier for me to just say, “No thank you” to SAD foods. I definitely prefer ETL foods over SAD foods now. -Katie
- I cut my Topomax (migraine medication) in half, and I’ve stopped using antibiotic acne cream. I’ve also dropped from 140 lbs to 129 lbs and feel great! -V
- I weighed 177 pounds about 3 weeks ago and now I weigh 160. My blood sugars are coming down, and I feel better with more energy. -Amy
- I’ve lost 10 lbs so far, but more importantly, I feel great! I have no more acid reflux, and I’m more comfortable in my clothes. My wife called me a ‘sexy man’ last night! Now that’s some success to share! -Tom
- My aches and pains are gone, and for the most part my uncontrollable sugar urges are gone. Most importantly my mood is good, I’m loving the winter, my skin glows, and I love the way I look! -Diana
- Since starting the challenge I’m down 13 pounds, and I can run/walk intervals for 40min and do 1 hour spinning classes. AND I just found out that I’m pregnant! Thank you so much for starting this challenge, because it has given me the start that I needed, and now a great start to the most healthiest pregnancy EVER! -A
- In November, 2010, I discovered Dr. Fuhrman, his wonderful book, Eat to Live, and I jumped on-board the Six Week Holiday Challenge. Friends have started commenting on my slimmer physique and I now have more energy than I know what to do with. -Carrie
- I started the Six Week Holiday Challenge on November 20th weighing 311.3 pounds, and now I weigh 282.5 pounds. My blood pressure was 146/86 and now it’s 121/71. My former acid reflux and swollen feet are gone, and I sleep better and have lots more energy. Arthritis in my knees has decreased significantly, and I’ve lost so much fluid that I was excited to see that I actually have ankles again! There are nine of us in my family strictly following ETL now; ranging in ages 3 to 65. Everyone has had a reduction in symptoms / illnesses. My dad’s blood pressure has dropped from 150/90 to 127/77 ~ the best he’s had in 15 years! -Peta
- I’ve dropped ten pounds over the holiday challenge, starting a week before Thanksgiving and encompassing Christmas and New Year's Eve too! Plus, we had a birthday in our family to add in as well, and a lot of parties and things. Ten pounds lost over all that time is pretty satisfying! -Cindy
- I cannot believe how well I feel! The weight seems to be coming off easily and my appetite is under excellent control; this is the aspect of dieting that has NEVER allowed me to keep my weight off. -tsmoon
For those reading about the Six Week Holiday Challenge for the first time, or couldn’t participate in it during the holidays, it’s never too late to earn health back. Commit to following the six week plan as outlined in Eat to Live and you will be feeling amazingly great in six weeks also! Go for it and contend for optimal health today!
image credit: flickr by Merelymel13; celebration image courtesy of Elijah Lynn