Go ahead. Finish your double-take. Then quietly mouth the phrase, “What the?” Don’t worry, I had the same reaction, and so did Diet-Blog. Apparently both Glamour magazine and Men's Health recommend Domino's Pizza as “health food”. Diet-Blog isn't buying it:
Domino's list the following "facts" about their pizza:
I had to laugh at the first "fact" - it reads like a joke.
- Pizza is essentially a meal in itself, as you can find foods from the four basic food groups in one slice.
- A crunchy thin crust Domino's pizza contains less than half the carbohydrates of Domino's classic hand-tossed pizza.
- None of the core products on Domino's menu (pizza, bread side items, chicken) contain trans fats.
- Customers seeking a healthier pizza have the option of ordering their pizza with a lighter portion of cheese.
- The tomatoes in pizza sauce contain lycopene, which helps protect against prostate cancer. Tomatoes are also an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822