Imagine rummaging through the bin for a good watermelon and—WHAM—you get stung by a scorpion! More from the Associated Press:
A 12-year-old girl picking up a seedless watermelon from a bin was stung Sunday by a tan, inch-long scorpion that had apparently stowed away in a shipment from Mexico.I sympathize with the scorpion. If someone tries to grab my watermelon—WHAM—I’d sting them too.
Megan Templeton, of Barboursville, was taken to the hospital as a precaution but later released. Her father, William Templeton, said the pain was a little worse than a bee sting.
He initially didn't believe his daughter when she said she had been stung by a scorpion, but then he saw the critter scurry underneath a box. It was captured by Wal-Mart employees.