Avoid these 10 Cancer-Causing Foods...
Cancer doesn’t just happen! Diet has A LOT to do with it. Take acrylamides for example. According to Dr. Fuhrman, acrylamides are cancer-causing compounds that form in fried, baked, roasted, grilled or barbequed food. You know. Bad stuff!
- All charred food, which create heterocyclic aromatic amines, known carcinogens. Even dark toast is suspect.
- Well-done red meat. Medium or rare is better, little or no red meat is best.
- Sugar, both white and brown–which is simply white sugar with molasses added.
- Heavily salted, smoked and pickled foods, which lead to higher rates of stomach cancer.
- Sodas/soft drinks, which pose health risks, both for what they contain–sugar and various additives–and for what they replace in the diet–beverages and foods that provide vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
- French fries, chips and snack foods that contain trans fats.
- Food and drink additives such as aspartame.
- Excess alcohol.
- Baked goods, for the acrylamide.
- Farmed fish, which contains higher levels of toxins such as PCBs.
Cooked meats are a problem. The American Institute for Cancer Research just recommended that people STOP grilling meat and substitute veggies instead. Good idea, because a recent study linked saturated fat with prostate cancer-risk.