Disease Proof

Kids, Don't Eat Magnets

Be careful buying toys this year. First, a report came out claiming 1 in 3 toys contain toxins. And now, research in Pediatric Radiology warns parents to watch out for toys with magnets, because ingested magnets can stick to each other in kids’ bowels, leading to infection. The study calls for more warning labels and better publication education on the potential dangers; via HealthDay News.

Clearly, eating a magnet is not a good way to retrieve that nickel your kid swallowed.

Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Comments (0) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.
Suite 408
Flemington, NJ 08822