- Health Points – September 15th: “Food and Drug Administration and state officials don't know the cause of the outbreak…”
- Health Points – September 18th: “CDC officials said Sunday that they've started an emergency operations center in Atlanta to assist state health agencies with testing for E. coli…”
- More On The Spinach Crisis – September 18th: “These outbreaks, warns Doyle, are an inevitable by-product of the way that many fruit and vegetable manufacturers have streamlined their production…”
- Finding The Spinach-E. Coli Outbreak Point – September 19th: “State and federal officials have traced the outbreak to a California company's fresh spinach…”
- Spinach-E. Coli Crisis Worsens – September 21st: “U.S. and state health officials continued to scour California's Salinas Valley spinach fields Tuesday for the source of a massive outbreak of E. coli contamination…”
- Associated Press – September 22nd: “A 2-year-old Idaho boy's death could be linked to the nationwide outbreak of spinach contaminated with E. coli bacteria…”
- Associated Press – September 22nd: “‘We as an industry have to declare war on all food-borne illnesses,’ Tom Nassif, president of Western Growers Association…”
- Associated Press – September 22nd: “Two more deaths were under investigation Friday for possible links to tainted spinach…"