Living Green in NYC
Green living is getting more and more popular. So why not have a green apartment? More from TreeHugger:
Features include:You know, there might be something to all this “green” stuff…to be continued.
- "Individually ventilated apartments reduce the mixing of air between units, for better indoor air quality. Fresh air is drawn in continuously through window trickle vents and expelled horizontally
- through voids in the concrete plank, as opposed to vertical ducts." ( this is significant; in traditional buildings, corridors are pressurized to keep smells in the units, but if anyone has their door open or smokes in the corridor it goes everywhere.)
- Solar shading on the south facade;
- "A Rainwater Harvesting System will funnel water from the roof into storage tanks to be used for irrigation, reducing utility costs and stormwater run-off."
- Also included are energy-efficient mechanical systems, a high-performance wall and roof system, green building materials such as recycled components, low VOC materials and a green roof.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822