Fruits and Veggies, Super Colors
Don’t those concord grapes look great! And their purple hue is dynamite for health. Actually, reds, purples, greens, oranges and whites are ALL really good.
- Red: Pink grapefruit, red bell peppers, tomatoes, and watermelon all contain lycopene, a lung and prostate cancer fighter.
- Purple: Concord grapes, blueberries, and prunes have anthocyanins to ward off heart disease and lower the risk of cancer.
- Green: Spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, and bok choy come with lutein, great for reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, and macular degeneration.
- Orange: Carrots, mangos, pumpkin, and oranges are the keepers of beta carotenes, the stuff that prevents cancers of the lung, esophagus, and stomach and keeps heart disease risk to a minimum and immune function to a maximum.
- White: Cauliflower, mushrooms, banana, and onions are stocked with anthoxanthins and allicin to help lower blood pressure and protect against stomach cancer.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822