Friday: Food Points
- From time to time I know I’m guilty of binge eating—especially after a good work out. I think it happens to everyone. But according to a new report by Reuters woman are more likely to overeat when dining out:
Moreover, women who were prone to binge-eating problems often overindulged when eating out. One-third of their bingeing "episodes" over the two-week study occurred in a restaurant, according to findings published in the Western Journal of Nursing Research.
- You remember Chipotle restaurants right? One of the best restaurants I’ve examined during in the Eating to Live on the Outside series. Check out this short video some college students from Trinity University made in their honor. Via Fast Food News.
- Jennifer from Vegan Lunch Box is at it again, with this very scary LUNCH BOX OF DOOM! Tremble before the shrunken heads, mummy calzone, and the bucket of blood! Igor! Fetch me some cruciferous vegetables! Check it out:
Cue the scary music and ghost sounds, because it's time for the Halloween Lunch Box! It's a ghastly Mummy Calzone on a bed of mummy wrappings (torn paper towel), with a bucket of blood (pizza sauce) for dipping.
Swiss chard and kale are just amazing. We've had a little frost and a lot of cold nights in the high 30's but still they grow, in containers! In theory they should die off quicker in containers because the soil cools more quickly but they didn't get the memo. I wonder how long I can keep them going?
- Okay, one of my major vices is sushi. If it wasn’t for all the contamination I’d probably eat it all the time. FatFree Vegan Kitchen has come up with a wonderful alternative. Behold the Sushi Salad:
I enjoy making sushi--and my family enjoys eating it. But sometimes I want the taste of sushi without the time and effort it takes to roll it. One way I get around the task of making sushi rolls is to have "Roll Your Own" nights: I'll prepare the rice and fillings and cut the sheets of nori into quarters, and we'll each make our own little cones of sushi right at the table. Kids love making their own sushi, so I really recommend this activity to parents whose kids aren't sure about sushi yet; it will probably turn them into sushi lovers.
- The Los Angeles Times reports many grocers and food retailers want produce growers to tighten up their operations, that way an event like the spinach-E. coli outbreak never happens again. Jerry Hirsch has more:
Both growers and retailers say there is wide agreement that the industry needs better methods for establishing and enforcing food safety practices, though some question whether such a program can be in place by the Dec. 15 deadline set by the retailers and distributors.
"We can't maintain the status quo," said Kathy Means, vice president of government relations for Newark, Del.-based Produce Marketing Assn., a trade group of produce shippers, processors, distributors and other suppliers. "And we can't have any more mistakes."
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822