Green-News: Wednesday 11.5.08
- Bad news for Canada! Experts claim Canada’s environmental record ranks among the WORST in the industrialized world. Poor efforts to fight global warming are to blame; Reuters reports.
- The Global Wind Energy Council and Greenpeace International believe China will become the world’s BIGGEST manufacturer of wind-power equipment by 2009; via CleanTech.
- But China faces a heart-breaking eco-problem. The effects of climate change could WEAKEN bamboo crops and put the giant panda, a national symbol, in further peril; ENN reports.
- More and more people are getting hip to electric cars and hybrids, but these vehicles require lithium batteries and researchers feel this could STRAIN lithium supplies; GreenTech explains.
- With lithium gone, we could always switch to FUNGAL fuel! Scientists claim a fungus from leaves of the ulmo tree could convert plant waste into usable biodiesel; the NewScientist reports.
- California has until 2011 to develop a system for identifying and evaluating harmful chemicals. And it should feature a searchable online database for consumers; via ENN.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822