Green-News: Wednesday 11.26.08
- Solar power will save you money. But it has a huge upfront cost. So some companies are now leasing out solar systems. Leasing has a lower initial cost, but money-savings will vary based on time and future energy prices; Green Living Ideas explains.
- Scientists have created cyborgs! Cyborg leafs. When placed under light, extracted photosynthesizing plant cells, attached to thin sheets of gold, generate electrons that can be harvested as electrical current; NewScientist investigates.
- Here’s more sunny news. The mayor of Los Angeles will unveil a proposal to supply 10% of the city’s energy from solar power by 2020. Utilizing solar panels owned by the city, residents and private companies; via earth2tech.
- This is pretty incredible. Heavy winds and rain helped wind farms supply 43% of Spain’s total energy requirement on Monday. Wind turbines generated 9,253 megawatts of the total 21,264 megawatts demanded at 5AM; the AFP reports.
- The money in recycling comes from selling reprocessed raw materials. But dismal economic conditions have hurt the industry. Copper, aluminum and steel prices have dropped and recycled paper is basically worthless; from Green Living Tips.
- Harvard University urges rich nations to lead by example and cut greenhouse gases. However, their idea also allows developing countries to continue business-as-usual, but with a long term goal of reducing emissions too; Reuters reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822