Green-News: Wednesday 11.19.08
- Say I’m out of loop, but apparently Night Rider is coming back. And this new generation of KITT, the talking super car, is green, fuel efficient and equipped with solar panels; via Ecorazzi.
- Ethanol can’t be transported by pipeline. It’s too corrosive. It must be moved by truck or railways. And since it’s so flammable, experts are urging increased safety standards; from ENN.
- What consumes more resources, steel or paper production? Its paper! Between all the junk mail, printer paper, coffee cups and other stuff. The paper industry contributes about 10% of global carbon emissions; The Guardian reports.
- Pollution has plateaued, following 6 years of growth, says a new report by the United Nations report, but there’s a catch. Data for the previous 2 years has not be announced; via The New York Times.
- Shiny happy solar cells, not really! Researchers have determined in order for solar panels to work most effectively they have to be dull and not shimmering; NewScientist explains.
- New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has proposed charging shoppers 6 cents for every plastic bag used at the cash register, differing slightly from Los Angeles and San Francisco’s outright ban on plastic bags; via inhabitat.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822