Green-News: Wednesday 11.12.08
- That’s garbage. Junk, trash, useless crap! But apparently it can be turned into energy. Just blast it with a stream of superheated plasma. It vaporizes into pressurized gas and can be used to spin a turbine and generate power; via CleanTechnia.
- Al Gore’s political aspirations might be over, but the dude’s WAY into the environment. And he’s got some cool ideas for going 100% clean power, like implementing national green retrofit programs and solar panel initiatives; from earth2tech.
- Global investors, holding more than $6 trillion in assets, want to stop climate change. Calling for an agreement to cut greenhouse gas emissions, promote green technology and expand the global carbon market; Reuters reports.
- Bad news for shark week! Researchers claim more than 1 quarter of sharks, rays and chimaeras in the northeast Atlantic Ocean face extinction. Overfishing is being blamed, in particular Asia’s increased demand for shark fin soup; from the AFP.
- When I was in college, the only thing my dorm was certified in was drunks, dirty laundry and the token nerd, me, but Harvard University plans to build a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified dorm; via GreenDaily.
- Kudos to the Aussies! Their plan to provide Southern Australia with 20% renewable energy is 10 years ahead of schedule. The 47 wind-power turbines will generate 98 megawatts of juice and power 70,000 households; from TreeHugger.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822