Green-News: Wednesday 10.29.08
- That’s a super quiet rooftop wind-turbine. At $10,000 each, they’re cheaper than solar panels and can generate 2,000 KWh of CLEAN energy each year, paying for themselves in about 3 years; via CleanTechnica.
- Actually, the turbines are a British import. Speaking of the Brits, Prince Charles says climate change is a REAL crisis and despite the current financial meltdown, we should NOT take our eye off the environment; the AFP reports.
- Message received by Oregon governor, Ted Kulongoski. He just unveiled an AMBITIOUS plan for net-zero greenhouse gas emissions for households and buildings by 2030; via the Associated Press.
- Sadly, the UK may be swan-less this year. Warming temperatures in Siberia are DELAYING the Bewick’s swan annual migration. Each year, bird watchers have been waiting for them longer and longer; The Telegraph reports.
- The Philippines have rapidly adopted agro-fuel production, using crops for fuel instead of food, the problem is this may result in mass DEFORESTATION as more land is cleared for fuel-crops; via GMANews.TV.
- Despite our ever-growing green awareness, carbon dioxide and methane emissions INCREASED during 2007 and 20% of those emissions could remain in the atmosphere for thousands of years; ENN reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822