Green-News: Wednesday 10.22.08
- Swedish architects have a unique idea for keeping your house warm. Stick it INSIDE a greenhouse! Builders claim the structure lowers heating bills and helps gardens grow longer; via TreeHugger.
- Saving the planet is a great idea. But DON’T let it become an obsession! “Energy anorexics,” is the term experts are using to describe green-obsessed people; from The New York Times.
- Recent U.S. tax-breaks may soon help solar-power to cost LESS than energy generated from conventional power plants; Reuters reports.
- Turbines for New Jersey’s 3,000 MEGAWATT wind farm will be installed 16 to 20 miles offshore. They’ll look like tiny specks on the horizon; via Forecast Earth.
- By 2030 Hawaii wants 70% of its energy to come from CLEAN sources. The plan includes converting fossil fuel plants into biodisiel facilities that use locally grown crops; the Associated Press reports.
- The merits of genetically modified (GM) crops are WIDELY disputed. Many worry about their environmental impact, while others insist GM’s could ease poverty and improve agricultural; more from ENN.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822