Green-News: Wednesday 10.08.08
- One in four of the world’s 5,487 mammals face EXTINCTION! The International Union for Conservation of Nature blames humans and pollution; National Geographic News reports.
- Australia could derive 171,000 megawatts of energy from WAVE power—pressurized sea water drives hydroelectric turbines and generates base-load electricity; The Sydney Morning Herald explains.
- New Jersey is poised to become a BIG player in wind power. State officials plan to install 96 offshore wind turbines that could yield 346 megawatts of electricity; via City Room.
- Michigan’s Great Lakes are ANOTHER source of wind energy. Placing turbines in the lakes could produce up to 321,000 megawatts of electricity; more from The Detroit Free Press.
- Eco Child’s Play has a bunch of GREEN tips to stretch your family’s budget; like riding a bike, shopping at thrift stores, planting a garden, unplugging unused appliances and recycling as much as possible.
- As e-waste continues to PILE up, Toshiba has announced it will EXPAND its free recycling program—giving them the MOST comprehensive trade-in-program in the industry; Enhanced Online News is on it.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822