Green-News: Tuesday 12.2.08
- A British furniture designer has transformed retired subway cars into office space. And since they’re super affordable they’ve become popular with young artists; via Inhabitat.
- Macedonians came together to plant 6 million trees in a single day. Making their country greener and teaching people to be more aware of the planet’s needs; Reuters reports.
- Ireland wants 10% of its cars to run on electricity by 2020. They’ll offer tax write-offs and boost infrastructure to accommodate all the new electric vehicles; from earth2tech.
- China and India want richer nations to spend more to help poorer nations combat climate. But both countries have resisted curbing their own carbon emissions; ENN explains.
- Bald eagles are beloved in the United States. But they’re in trouble. Researchers in New York’s Catskills found high mercury levels in eagle chicks; The New York Times reports.
- Sierra Leone is getting help from Phoenix Suns star Amare Stoudemire. His foundation will help establish a green academy to encourage education and athletics; via GreenDaily.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822