Green-News: Tuesday 11.4.08
- You could go green that way or, for those of you NOT interested in living a mud hut, you could just lower your thermostat, unplug battery chargers, better insulate and use light-timers. They’re all great ways to green your home; via Huddler.
- Oddly enough, some researchers contend, global warming actually HELPS short-lived creatures with wide thermal windows and large gene pools. This means climate change will not affect all animals equally; NewScientist Environment explains.
- We’ve all driven clunker cars with poor gas mileage. But imagine driving a car that runs on AIR and just a little salad dressing. Zero Pollution Motors is selling a micro car, that clocks in around 35 mph, for $20,000; Kiplinger reports.
- Now, if a putt-putt car isn’t your thing. Consider BMW’s GREEN super car! It’s only in the idea phase, but it’d be a 2-seat vehicle that adheres to emission and fuel standards, while still looking sleek and cool; via forecast earth.
- New York has 450 wind turbines, with 900 more planned. But before they get too carried away, state officials are setting up measures to ensure companies play by the rules, calling for CLEAN government; Reuters reports.
- Speaking of jobs, America’s rust belt is finding more and more green jobs. Maytag may have moved out of states like Iowa, but wind-turbine makers have moved in, employing hundreds of displaced workers; The New York Times reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822