Green-News: Tuesday 11.25.08
- You could buy an expensive filter to clean your air or you could buy a plant. House plants like peace lily and Chinese evergreen help remove benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene and other toxins from the air; via Huddler.
- In order combat climate change and deforestation, due to mining and timber, one Indonesian city has proclaimed that everyone who wants to get married or apply for a birth certificate, i.e. have kids, must plant a tree; Reuters reports.
- In other tree news, San Francisco plans to offer citizens living Christmas trees. And after the holidays these, Charlie Brown-looking, trees will be planted in urban neighborhoods throughout the city. They cost $90; via inhabitat.
- Environmentalists hate President Bush’s environmental record. But in one last hurrah he plans to create the largest marine conservation area in the world. Meaning he’d be protect more of the earth’s surface than anyone else in history; NewScientist explains.
- Now, Brazil’s president, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, will soon take action to recover and preserve Brazil’s coastal rainforest, only 7% of the once 500,000 square miles still stands. The government hopes to restore 20% of that; the AFP reports.
- Spain is turning graveyards from ghoulish to green. In unique attempt to harness the power of the sun, a small town outside of Barcelona is outfitting mausoleums with 462 solar panels which could power 60 homes; via the Associated Press.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822