Green-News: Tuesday 11.24.08
- The Centre of International Climate and Environmental Research has determined automobiles are the biggest climate change offenders and big clunky trains are the least harmful; from NewScientist Environment.
- Here’s disturbing news about climate change. Officials claim global warming is causing recent outbreaks of deadly diseases, like gastroenteritis, cholera and typhoid fever, in the Philippines; the AFP reports.
- The Environmental Protection Agency is instituting a 60-day period for public comment over health concerns regarding nanotechnology pesticides and nano-silver products; via SustainableBusiness.
- Last Thursday the mayors of San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose announced ambitious plans to make California’s Bay Area the electric vehicle capital of the United States; CNet News investigates.
- Despite the ailing economy and national industry budget cuts, the demand for green buildings continues to thrive. Many companies are now realizing green facilities save money in the long run; from EarthFirst.
- As the world’s largest retailer, Wal-Mart usually draws heavy of scrutiny, but a recent plans to supply 360 Texas stores with 15% wind power deserves high praise; via TreeHugger.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822