Green-News: Tuesday 11.18.08
- Times Square is getting the first eco-friendly billboard, above the Chase sign. It’s powered by the sun and wind. But here’s the kicker, if there’s no sun or wind, it goes dark. No back generator; The New York Times reports.
- Speaking of New York, even though Mayor Bloomberg’s attempt to require hybrid taxis was shot down, he hasn’t given up. Now he wants to offer financial incentives for taxi owners to buy hybrid; more from the New York Times.
- New Jersey is joining the green act too. During this month’s election voters decided to preserve more open space, farmland and water. This will help generate $191 million in conservation funding; via NBC New York.
- Switching coasts, California Governor Schwarzenegger has ordered preparations for rising sea levels due to global warming. Sea levels rose 7 inches during the 20th century. California plans to be proactive; Reuters reports.
- Composting isn’t just a summer thing. Good winter composting tips include saving fallen leaves, not turning the pile to preserve heat and getting a bigger bin for under your sink and emptying it bin more often; via Stream of Consciousness.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822