Green-News: Tuesday 11.11.08
- Tyson Foods likes lying to customers! The world’s largest meat processor injects unborn chickens with antibiotics, but is suing the United States Department of Agriculture to let them keep their Antibiotic-Free label; via TreeHugger.
- Do you have a root cellar? Arguably, my entire apartment is a cellar. But root cellars are making a comeback! Cool dark rooms are excellent for storing and extending the life of fresh fruits and vegetables; from The New York Times.
- You know the planet is in trouble when even conservationist are overestimating wildlife habitat. South Korean researchers have determined there is LESS land available for conservation than we think; NewScientist reports.
- Boeing is giving biofeul a try. They’ll be studying the prospects of using renewable synthetic kerosene as jet fuel. Working with Rolls Royce they hope to develop a commercially viable product with the next few years; via GreenDaily.
- You can make yourself MENTAL trying to go green. I know, I’ve tried! So, for the equally frustrated, try these, buy in bulk, ride a bike or walk more, turn off unused appliances and ditch incandescent bulbs; from ENN.
- Scientists believe Oman rock, common to Papua New Guinea and California, could help offset greenhouse gas emissions. When carbon dioxide hits peridotite rock it is absorbed and turned into solid minerals; Reuters reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822