Green-News: Tuesday 10.28.08
- Experts at the United Nations believe MORE investment in green technologies and clean energy could spur GLOBAL economic growth; Scoop World reports.
- Wind power posted GAINS this quarter, adding 1,389 megawatts of wind energy, opening up 8 NEW turbine facilities and announcing plans for 19 more; via TreeHugger.
- Lots of economic news today! A top economist URGES moving towards a low-carbon economy should NOT be stifled by the current financial downturn; the AFP reports.
- Over the past 3 decades California’s energy initiatives have created and saved 1.5 MILLION jobs and added $45 BILLION to state payroll; via Reuters.
- Greenpeace has there OWN idea for resurrecting the economy! Invest $360 BILLION in renewable power and energy efficiency; the AFP explains.
- To OFFSET individual carbon-footprints, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will let commuters BUY emission credits that go towards charity; The New York Times reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822