Green-News: Tuesday 10.21.08
- That canola-powered CONTRAPTION took the $5,000 prize in “Escape from Berkeley”, a 600-mile race from Berkeley, California to the Sahara Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada; The San Francisco Chronicle reports.
- Researchers claim the air in the Arctic has hit RECORD temperatures. The loss of sea ice upped the air temperature by 5 degrees Celsius; via NewScientist Environment.
- The Environmental Protection Agency will enact the TIGHEST air-quality standards for lead in the past 30 years, but it’ll take years to enforce them all; the AFP reports.
- A lead-acid battery could replace traditional batteries and help drive DOWN the cost of hybrid-vehicles, they could be used in wind-turbines too; from NewScientistTech.
- The Bush administration has a policy that will REMOVE protection for 400,000 acres of national forest in Idaho, opening it up logging and mining; via TreeHugger.
- As climate change SHRINKS habitats in India, TIGER attacks are on the rise. Tigers are preying on villagers for food; ENN reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822