Green-News: Thursday 9.4.08
- Dr. Fuhrman suggests limiting fish, but The Chicago Tribune has just uncovered that pregnant mothers on the east coast eat so much fish that they risk passing deadly mercury onto their babies.
- Back in June a raft made out of recycled garbage affectionately named “Junk” left California and set sail for Hawaii. Three months at sea and 2,600 miles later Junk just dropped anchor at Ala Wai Boat Harbor in Hawaii.
- After studying things like coral reefs and stalagmites, new research in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences has revealed that the earth is hotter now than it was during the previous 2,000 years.
- Wow, here’s a STRANGE upside to the heat wave. Scientists in Norway, the United States and Sweden believe that a hot climate will reduce the number of PLAGUE outbreaks in the United States.
- In related news, one of America’s top military analysts insists that governments in the US and the UK are already planning for “climate wars”. The resulting strife over mass famine, flood refugees or worse, nuclear conflict—via ENN.
- TreeHugger believes that meat-eating should receive the same level of environmental scrutiny as driving and flying. A valid point, because mass meat production does wallop the planet and consume huge amounts of resources.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822