Green-News: Thursday 9.11.08
- You’ve probably heard about it already—sorry, I DON’T keep up with celebrities—but Brad Pitt is building green houses in New Orleans, like that one—via Life Without Buildings.
- Speaking of green homes, Reuters reports that many home builders are offering buyers ways to cut climate control costs; like more insulation and triple-glazed windows.
- According to GreenDaily the military’s MREs produce 16,667 tons of waste each year; lots of aluminum foil, polyethylene, nylon and polyester wrappers. Not to mention unhealthy food!
- If you drive a teeny-tiny car in Manhattan you’ll only have to pay half-price for parking until 2009. AutoBlog Green has the details.
- Jet fuel made from algae—yes, ALGAE—has passed its first test. Scientists are optimistic about algae-fuel because it doesn’t freeze at high altitudes like other biofuels—from Scientific America.
- Another unusual source of fuel is the sweet potato. ScienceDaily reports that sweet potatoes may out-yield corn in ethanol production.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822