Green-News: Thursday 11.13.08
- Yup, he’s cute. That’s a muskrat. And his real power is in his poop! Scientists claim muskrat crap contains a chemical that kills Salmonella, staph infections and other bacteria; via DiscoBlog.
- A web-hosting company will convert an old German nuclear waste facility into a 100,000 server, 10,000 square-meter datacenter, powered entirely by renewable energy; from CleanTechnica.
- Japan’s greenhouse gas emissions have hit record highs, they’re now the 5th largest carbon dioxide producer in world, meaning they’ve failed to achieve their Kyoto target; ENN reports.
- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will host an international summit on climate change. Arnold has vowed to make the environment a key issue in his second term; from the AFP.
- Iceland's Geir H. Haarde, Germany's Angela Merkel, Australia's Kevin Rudd, South Korea's Lee Myung-bak and U.S. President-elect Barack Obama are the new green leaders; via TreeHugger.
- Speaking of our president-to-be, alternative energy companies, like solar and wind, are thrilled with Obama’s energy plans, but oil companies are worried; The San Francisco Chronicle reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822