Green-News: Thursday 10.30.08
- My first pet was a frog. So this made me sad. Researchers blame climate change for the DECLINING numbers of amphibians in Yellowstone National Park. They’re calling it a catastrophic loss of toads and salamanders; Discovery News reports.
- Climate change is also HURTING fish populations. Warming waters could make cod, salmon and eels a rare sight off the Irish coast. Temperature change forces cold water fish, like salmon, to swim deeper for cooler waters; from The Evening Herald.
- Global warming affects people too! Hotter temperatures and the resulting desertification are causing a “dire water situation” for rural Chinese. They’re unable to farm land or graze their animals, making them internal refugees; via CNN.
- In fluffier news, the United States’ largest pillow-maker, Hollander Home Fashions, plans for ZERO waste by 2010. It’s a top to bottom approach. Everything from manufacturing to shipping will be involved in the strategy; from SustainableBusiness.com.
- General Motors has gone GREENER too. To save power, the company will shut off escalators at its corporate headquarters between 7PM and 6AM. And turn off lights and lower the thermostat to 66-degrees at night; via AutoBlogGreen.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822