Green-News: Monday 9.22.08
- Starting October 1st New York City wants all new taxis to have a fuel efficiency of at least 25 miles per gallon. Cabbies are MAD! They’re suing over it; ENN reports.
- General Motors’ Bob Lutz tells Steven Colbert that he DOESN’T believe that carbon emissions are causing global warming, but unveils a no-gasoline car—via GreenDaily.
- Give this kid a gold star! A 12-year old boy from Portland, Oregon has invented a solar-cell that absorbs 500 times more light than existing cells—from TreeHugger.
- The Toronto Star reports Toronto is considering a BAN on coffee cups; citing coffee cups, takeout food containers and plastic bags as the city’s biggest garbage offenders.
- Chicago’s Mayor Richard M. Daley plans to crack down on emission and heat-trapping gases as the city takes strides to go GREENER; more from the Associated Press.
- Cheese is gross, but Kraft has a COOL idea. They want to turn whey into natural gas and use it to help power their facilities; GreenBiz.com explains.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822