Green-News: Monday 12.1.08
- Climate change is exacerbating global deforestation. Higher temps will decrease rainfall in some areas, while causing monsoons in others. This will destroy forests, release more carbon into the atmosphere and worsen global warming; NewScientist explains.
- Greenpeace claims coal-burning, a major contributor of carbon emissions, causes 360 billion euros worth of damage to human health and the environment each year. Coal pollutes the water and air and causes disease, like black lung; the AFP reports.
- More carbon bad news! According to the United Nations greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide, hit record levels in the atmosphere last year. Experts urge high concentrations of these gases will lead to bigger storms and droughts; via ENN.
- In order to curb pollution and congestion, San Francisco officials are considering a $3 fee for drivers entering and passing through certain parts of the city during morning and evening commutes; The San Francisco Chronicle investigates.
- The Bush Administration has issued a request to state governments. Tell us how much you don’t want us to regulate emissions. Current provisions will establish a mandatory limit on carbon dioxide, the Whitehouse feels this is a bad idea; via The Washington Post.
- Throughout history people have scoffed at innovation. Some said inventions like the airplane and telephone had no value. And now the naysayers are grumbling about renewable energy. Claiming green energy will never provide enough power; from TreeHugger.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822