Green-News: Monday 11.3.08
- Many people in the United Kingdom are going green, even in death! As funeral space becomes scarce, more and more Britons are looking for GREEN burial plots, like natural farmland and woodland areas; the AFP reports.
- California plans to CUT water deliveries. The state will only distribute 15% of the water requested by local water agencies throughout California. Farmers fear they won’t have enough water; the Associated Press explains.
- Bolthouse Farms, I like their juices, plans to go 80% SOLAR power at their Palmdale, California location. A 1.9MW solar array will stop the farm from emitting 2,200 tonnes of carbon dioxide each year; via TreeHugger.
- New York City mayor Michael R. Bloomberg wanted to REQUIRE owners and operators of taxicabs to switch to hybrid vehicles, but a judge has blocked the legislation, much to the delight of cab companies; via City Room.
- Philadelphia will soon have a $420 million GREEN Waldorf-Astoria hotel. It’ll feature a green roof, specialized HVAC system and a high degree of automation, as well as state-of-the-art amenities; from TheGreenMeeting.
- The Bush administration continues to force legislation that will weaken government rules protecting consumers and the environment, putting drinking water and emissions standards at risk; The Washington Post reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822