Green-News: Monday 11.17.08
- Waste paper is piling up. No one wants it. China used to buy it and recycle it. But they’ve stopped. Now, at great cost, it’s being stored. It could also end up in landfills; via TreeHugger.
- Climate chief is not in Al Gore’s plans. President-elect Barack Obama may create a Whitehouse “Climate Czar” and planned to offer it to Al Gore, but he said no; The Washington Times reports.
- Environmentalists use the Clear Air Act and the Endangered Species Act to force government restriction of carbon dioxide emissions and now they’ll use the Clean Water Act; via Dot Earth.
- More water news. An Israel company has inked a 25-year deal with an African country to build wave-energy projects that could generate 100 megawatts of power; from CleanTech.
- Now, to New Zealand, Aquaflow Bionomic, innovator of algae power, is seeking to raise $16.6 million from a new public offering, help commercialization of its technology; via earth2tech.
- Denver landfills are turning, normally burned off methane gas, into power. Gathering this gas and using it power engines can generate electricity that can be fed into the grid; from CleanTechnica.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822