Green-News: Friday 9.5.08
- The Environmental Defense Fund says President Bush has proposed establishing two new marine national monuments in US waters, which will preserve A LOT of ocean territory.
- In other ocean news, mobile fish farms in open sea water could reduce impact on local ecosystems, but some people disagree—via NewScientist Environment.
- TreeHugger points out how MUCH storms like hurricane Gustav highlight our current energy vulnerabilities; i.e. refineries in flood zones.
- Speaking of storms, some experts content that warming oceans are the reason why we’re seeing increasing stronger tropical storms; Reuters reports.
- According to The Guardian, The EU is studying plans to create a transnational renewable energy power grid that could sustain 70 million homes.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822