Green-News: Friday 9.26.08
- I was surprised to read that America is NOT lagging behind the rest of the world when it comes to wind power. LiveScience examines other popular myths about wind energy.
- The U.S. senate will extend $18 billion in tax credits for renewable energy. This is helping the solar panel industry enjoy continued GROWTH despite the current economic conditions; more from Reuters.
- Soon they’ll be a price tag on carbon gas emissions. U.S. polluters will have to PURCHASE allowances to emit greenhouse gases into the atmosphere; NPR reports.
- The World Health Organization claims some countries could face increased health risks and food shortages as a result of global climate change; the AFP is on it.
- According to ENN, the European Commission believes an overhaul of fishing laws is long-overdue. Concern is mounting over ecological decline and unsustainable fishing practices.
- If you insist on eating meat, GreenDaily passes along some suggestions for making your meat eating more green, like eating LESS meat and cooking it yourself.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822