Green-News: Friday 11.14.08
- I’m not a car guy. If the thing runs, I’m cool! But some people obsess over cars. And at the 2008 SEMA car show someone whipped up that teeny-tiny eco-friendly Batmobile; from Green Stumbler.
- That thing must save on gas! But you won’t find many Nashvillians driving them to work. The number of Nashville, Tennessee residents working from home jumped 54% in a year; via EarthFirst.
- Apparently experts believe another, bigger, ice age is on the way, but increased carbon emissions and global warming may postpone it indefinitely; National Geographic News reports.
- An organic farmer and anti-pollution advocate in India was shot to death because he went to the media about a sugarcane factory dumping untreated waste on his property; via Plantsave.
- A new report claims Southern California’s air pollution kills more people than car accidents! And experts believe improving air quality would also save billions of dollars; the Associated Press reports.
- The E.U. has announced plans to expand its energy grid and reduce dependence on Russian gas by developing wind and solar infrastructure in the Baltic and Mediterranean; via the BBC.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822