Green-News: Friday 10.31.08
- Apparently there is A LOT of debris hovering around the earth, mostly nuts, bolts and paint chips and it usually burns up when entering the atmosphere, but even still, NASA has pledged to reduce non-functioning space junk; Fox News reports.
- The financial crisis is tough, but experts from the World Wildlife Fund contend a LOOMING natural resources crisis will be far worse. Humans are using 30% more resources than the earth can replenish each year; via The Guardian.
- Computerized climate models reveal that humans and NOT natural phenomena are directly responsible for melting the polar ice caps. Researchers conclude that all continents are heating up due to human activity; from NewScientist Environment.
- The olive oil industry produces 4 million tons of pits each year. But researchers now claim “olive stones” could be used to make bioethanol. Degrading the pits into sugar creates yeast which ferments into ethanol; Physorg.com reports.
- Alila Hotels and Resorts plans to go carbon-neutral. Starting with its headquarters in Singapore, the company will to offset greenhouse gas emissions by supporting emission reduction projects in Asia; via TheGreenMeeting.
- UPS is going GREENER by becoming the first delivery company to drive hydraulic hybrid vehicles, a diesel-hybrid technology that utilizes hydraulic propulsion systems that better capture and store energy; EcoGeek reports.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822