Green-News: Friday 10.3.08
- In a surprise move, the Bush Administration has placed 48 threatened species in Hawaii on the endangered species list. Hawaii has MORE endangered plants, animals and insects than any other state; via TreeHugger.
- Republican vice-presidential hopeful, Sarah Palin, doesn’t know the EXACT cause of global warming, citing both man-made and natural reasons, but she still insists we MUST do something about it; the AFP reports.
- California’s governator, Arnold Schwarzenegger, has passed a landmark piece of legislation that will REGULATE genetically engineered seeds and crops—protecting farmers against intimidation tactics; from ENN.
- More news from the left coast! This time the governator has proposed measures that would REWARD communities that reduce urban sprawl by building homes close together, which helps curb global warming; The Los Angeles Times explains.
- If you’ve got a some EXTRA cash, you might consider buying an all-electric 1981 DeLorean DMC-12—the car from Back to the Future—at present, bidding is well over $15,000; check it out on Ecorazzi.
- Despite the current economic POOP storm, venture firms have invested $2.6 billion in 158 green-based companies. A 37% jump from last year, but experts are predicting a slowdown; more from earth2tech.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822