Green-News: Friday 10.24.08
- France is SERIOUS about saving energy! For years, the Eiffel Tower has twinkled for 10 minutes on the hour, every hour. But now, it’ll ONLY shine for 5 minutes at a time; Reuters reports.
- The United States has opened up 190 MILLION acres, across 11 states, for the development of geothermal energy. But animal habits and national parks will remain OFF limits; via TreeHugger.
- Illegally logged wood costs developing countries $15 BILLION a year. To combat the problem, the U.S. will now REQUIRE producers to declare the origin and species of all plant material; ENN explains.
- Scientists NOW believe photosynthesis, the plant process of converting sunlight into chemical energy, first occurred 2.7 BILLION years ago in a region of Western Australia; NewScientist Environment reports.
- New NASA-funded research claims greenhouse gases, like nitrogen trifluoride, may be THOUSANDS of times MORE effective at warming the planet than previously thought; from the AFP.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822