Green-News: Friday 10.10.08
- A bad economy and HIGH gas prices have NOT slowed down bicycle sales. With less people looking to burn fuel, car sales are down, but bike sales are up; The Economist reports.
- In order to SAVE money, many people are eating cheaper NON-ORGANIC food, but tough times HAVEN’T stopped them from buying fancy electronics and flat-screen TVs; from MediaPost.
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy has determined California LEADS the nation in energy efficiency, followed by Oregon, Connecticut, Vermont, New York and Washington; via the ACEEE.
- British waterways, 2,200 miles of rivers and canals, will SOON be equipped with wind-energy turbines and small hydro-electric projects; SmartPlanet explains.
- The global financial crisis could UNDERMINE animal conservation efforts and put recent measures to protect the planet at SIGNIFICANT risk—less money to go around; from National Geographic News.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822