Eco-PRESIDENTIAL-News: Thursday 11.6.08
- President-elect Barack Obama will have his hands full! He’s not even in office yet and already the UN climate chief is IMPLORING him to attend an upcoming climate change conference in Poland; the AFP reports.
- But president Obama won’t be able to tackle eco-problems willy-nilly. He’ll need support. And other countries will ONLY gain confidence in him if they detect “some indication” that congress has his back; ENN explains.
- Barack Obama is proposing a $150 BILLION "Apollo project" that’ll bring energy security and 5 million new green jobs to the United States. In fact both candidates promised “millions” of green jobs; from The Independent.
- Being a new president is HARD! Prior to Senator John McCain’s defeat in Tuesday’s election, vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin criticized Obama’s stance on coal. Claiming he’ll “bankrupt” the industry; via Washington Wire.
- California has voted AGAINST proposed green power initiatives. Opponents of the legislation called it well-meaning but ill-conceived. Saying it would constrict renewable power rather than expand it; NewScientist explains.
- Current Vice President Dick Cheney and first lady Laura Bush are at ODDS over ocean regulations. Bush wants to preserve waters, while Cheney warns new fishing restrictions will hurt regional economies; via Countdown to Crawford.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822