A Forrest of Core Fitness
Julie’s Health Club shares the secrets of Forrest Yoga for core fitness. Check it out:
The following move—elbow to knee—is a foundation of the practice:
- Lie on your back and clasp your hands behind your head. Bend your legs, lift your feet and position your knees over your hips. Your feet should be off the floor and slightly lower then the knees.
- Inhale as you lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Holding your breath, press your low/mid back into the floor and lift your tailbone.
- Exhaling, reach both elbows toward your left thigh and straighten the right leg. (Both shoulder blades and the low back stay off the floor. The tailbone stays up.) Pull your belly in at the end of the exhale.
- Inhaling, move the torso back to center and the knees back together. Your head and shoulder blades stay up. Hold your breath.
- Repeat the movement on the other side, making sure your low/mid back is still pressed into the floor and your tailbone is still up. Do between five and eight repetitions, emphasizing good form.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822