Happy Holidays and A New Way to Celebrate
For many of us, the holidays are a wondrous time when we are joyful for what life has provided and we celebrate the season with our family and friends. We are usually offered an abundance of everything. Thanksgiving dinner and holiday parties are festive times that present us with many choices. We also have the choice to spread good will to others.
Unfortunately, the holidays are also associated with trips to the emergency room and deaths from dangerous eating. The emergency room doctors call it “holiday heart” as the busiest time at hospitals are from heart attacks, strokes and other emergencies that occur the next morning after big holiday meals.
So many people use the holiday season as an excuse for gluttony and addictive binges. My team here and I thought about how we could help to encourage people to enjoy the holidays more, with great tasting holiday food that is healthy too, and have as many people as possible set a good example to encourage people to have a truly healthful and happy holiday season.
I take bad nutrition seriously because people die from it. When junk food is eaten, including the traditional, highly-toxic foods served at the holidays, you may get momentary pleasure as it passes the lips in a short amount of time, but the results continue on to compromise your health. Additionally, not having good health magnifies every emotional problem plaguing your life and exasperates the holiday blues. Healthy recipes and treats can taste great! It may take more effort to prepare, but there is really no reason to sacrifice your good health.
My Six Week Challenge is dedicated to helping you make the best choices; the ones that will allow you to achieve overall health and quality of life. By pledging to take the challenge, you'll be celebrating your health instead of simply indulging in destructive “fake food”. Can you find friends or family members to join you in taking the challenge too?
I have created an opportunity for those straddling the fence of commitment. For those who step up to this challenge over the next six weeks and commit to a few simple guidelines throughout the holidays, I am offering:
- a free six week membership to DrFuhrman.com*
- a free Eat To Live Vook(a video enhanced ebook)
- an entire support system of holiday recipes
- special support from Dr. Fuhrman’s Nutritional Education Institute faculty and medical team on medicine, nutrition and motivation
The challenge involves only a few simple promises to make, taken from my book, Eat To Live.
Here are the fundamentals:
- Eat a large salad every day
- Enjoy a generous serving of steamed greens with mushrooms and onions
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with three fresh fruits a day
- Have at least one fulfilling serving of beans each day
Here's what you are promising to omit:
- Avoid white flour
- Avoid sugars & artificial sweeteners
Throughout the challenge, you will have plenty of support. We will answer your questions online in the Member Center. We encourage you to log your progress with "My Health Manager." Seasoned veterans of the Eat To Live diet-style will also be there to help you.
Here is how you get started:
Step 1: Join us on Facebook to share this exciting experience and encourage your friends to also make the commitment for a better life and incredible holiday.
Step 2: If you are not already a member of my online Member Center, sign up for your FREE six week membership*.
Step 3: Enjoy the holidays!
There is more – the challenge is just the start! By joining the challenge you will have the opportunity to participate in a contest where you may be eligible to win an all expense paid trip to my 6th annual 2011 Health Getaway in Park City, Utah at The Grand Summit Hotel at The Canyons resort. The winner or winners will be chosen based on their documented results during the challenge and into the new year. All participants of the challenge will receive details in the following weeks.
I hope you enjoy this holiday gift to help spread the message of good health and healthy eating.
* A $44.95 value. *Offer valid thru December 4th. Dr. Fuhrman's online store software requires credit card information in order to process an order; including this free offer. Your credit card will automatically be billed $14.95/month after the initial 6-week period unless cancelled. You will be notified in plenty of time to cancel if you decide to discontinue the ongoing support of the member center after the holidays.