Eating to Live on the Outside: World Peace Café
After the FRENZY of DiseaseProof’s redesign, I’m pooped! I need some peace and quiet. Speaking of peace! This week we’re heading to World Peace Café in Atlanta, Georgia. No, not literally, via the internet!
The menu is decent. Just a few problems; like eggs, cheese and bread. But overall, World Peace Café looks pretty good. Here’s what caught my eye:
Lentil, Kale and Mushroom Soup
- It’s pretty self-explanatory. It could be salty, so I’d ask first.
Full Veggie Sandwich
- Avocado, tomato, sprouts and rosemary mayonnaise; I’d ditch the mayo and order wheat bread and side house salad. Love that avocado!
Grilled Veggie Sandwich
- Marinated grilled carrots, zucchinis, roasted red pepper, portabella mushrooms and mozzarella cheese; again, wheat bread and a side salad and I’d nix the cheese.
- Peace burger (made with organic vegetables and oats), Jamaican jerk sauce and fresh mango salsa and roasted the potato wedges; the burger is intriguing and mango ALWAYS cool!
- Organic greens, avocado, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and raisins; all good, but I’d skip the bread it comes with and order the plum vinaigrette dressing.
Peace Burger Salad
- Beets, carrots, tomatoes, sliced Peace Burger and organic greens; same deal, no bread and I like the plum dressing.
Veggie Rice Bowl
- Grilled or steamed veggies, tofu hearts and flowers and sauce of the day; I’m not sure what tofu hearts and flowers are, but steamed veggies KICK butt and yes, the rice is a concession.
World Peace Café has some COOL sides too. They’ve got salads, grilled veggies, fresh fruit, roasted potato wedges and steamed rice. I’m not feeling the rice, but pairing up the fruit and veggies would be a GREAT idea!
In the end, I’d probably order the Sun Salad. That’s the BEST option. But what do you think? Check out World Peace Café’s menu and let me know how you handle Eating to Live on the Outside. Just leave a comment! Until then, eat wisely. Peace.