Wow, it’s the end of my first week back already. That was fast. Anyway, it’s Saturday and you know what that means. Time for Eating to Live on the Outside! And today, I’m staying close to home. I’m off to The Rainbow Garden in Frenchtown, New Jersey.
Being totally honest, it looks good. Real good! I don’t see a single problem with the menu, there’s tons of fruits and veggies. So, here’s a rough draft of things I might order:
Koala Bear Smoothie
- Bananas, strawberries, kiwi and pear; the name alone makes me want to order it.
The Tiger’s Eye Smoothie
- Orange, peach, mango and dates; mango is awesome for smoothies.
The Golden Budgie
- Banana, cherry and pineapple; very cool!
The Mighty Monkey
- Mango, dates, strawberries and Romaine lettuce; I really dig, especially the name, and I wouldn’t worry about the dressings here, they look very healthy-friendly.
The Green Raspberry
- Romaine lettuce, raspberry date sauce and raisins; raspberry date sounds pretty interesting.
- Mixed baby greens, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and bell peppers; lots of good stuff here.
The Jersey Garden
- Basil, tomatoes, cucumber, baby greens and topped with live marinara sauce; as a Jersey boy, I couldn’t pass on this one.
Spicy Green Salad
- Zucchini, cilantro, Romaine lettuce, celery, scallions, walnuts, garlic, parsley, black pepper and paprika; no complaints here.
- Sprouted flat bread, sprouted cashew hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and alfalfa sprouts; that’s a lot of sprouts and I wouldn’t worry about the bread, it looks fine.
- Walnut spinach pesto, shredded zucchini, sprouted flat bread and tomato; again, another winner here.
The Rainbow Garden is basically a slam dunk. No problems here at all. Now, if I was REALLY going to order something I would get the koala smoothie paired with the monkey salad. Yes, I know. It’s an adorable combination.
I’ve been lazy lately, but Rainbow Garden isn’t too far from where I live. Maybe I should make a quick trip over there and eat something. But until I do, you check out Rainbow Garden’s menu and let me know what you’d order. Peace.
Image credit: The Live Foodist