It’s freaking COLD in New Jersey. I need WARM weather. Florida here I come! Not literally, I’ll have to pretend. This week, via the powers of the internet, Eating to Live on the Outside heads to Sublime in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
And Sublime looks pretty good! I see PLENTY of vegetables. And veggie sushi, I LOVE veggie sushi! Okay, here’s the food I'd consider ordering. Take a look:
Rice Paper Spring Rolls
- Rice paper, napa cabbage, carrots, red pepper, bok choy and yuzu sauce; provided their NOT fried or greasy, I can deal with rice paper.
- Roasted sea vegetables, sesame, edamame and cracked black pepper; if it’s NOT too salty, I’d be cool with it.
- Avocado, cucumber, scallions, soy paper and lemon aioli; I LOVE avocado and I’m okay with the soy paper and oil.
- Avocado and cucumber; pretty simple, I DIG it!
Hydroponic Baby Arugula Salad
- Roasted red peppers, spiced walnuts, olives, golden raisins and balsamic vinaigrette; I’d DITCH the olives and order the dressing on the side.
Sublime Chopped Salad
- Romaine lettuce, garbanzo beans, bell peppers, cucumbers, onion, kalamata olives, scallions and red wine vinaigrette; same deal, I’m nixing the olives and dressing on the side.
- Grilled asparagus, olive oil whipped mashed potatoes and lemon caper sauce; the olive oil is a little iffy, but the asparagus KICKS butt!
- Tofu, bok choy, Napa cabbage, water chestnuts, carrots, bell peppers, ginger and steamed brown rice; it’s probably stir-fried, but that’s still A LOT of great stuff!
- Lentils, brown rice, water chestnut, wasabi red bliss mash and grilled asparagus; very interesting, I’d give it a try.
- Marsala demi-glace, fried shallot, quinoa pilaf, vine-ripe tomato and seasonal vegetable; the fried shallots makes me nervous, but quinoa ROCKS, so I can handle it.
Or you can order a BUNCH of sides. I like the seasonal vegetable, grilled asparagus, marinated cucumbers, wasabi red bliss mash, roasted red bliss potatoes and quinoa pilaf. Hard to argue with that!
Overall, my two FAVORITES are the Wok Garden and Sublime Chopped Salad. I’d order either one, but what about you? Check out Sublime’s menu and let me know how you handle Eating to Live on the Outside. Just leave a comment. Until then, happy eating! Peace.